Defensive Driving for Experienced Drivers
Defensive Driving for Experienced Drivers is a 3 hour training course for fully licensed drivers who want to get their driving skills up to the latest standards. You will learn positive driving behaviours and gain a responsible philosophy towards yourself and other road users.
As motorists, we spend a lot of time in our vehicles. Driving requires us to be alert, understand our own abilities, assess the attitudes of other road users and be aware of the environment around us. We can all benefit by being taught to do it properly.
Driving is a complex task – driver error contributes to over three quarters of road crashes. Our roads are complex and getting more crowded – even experienced drivers need to update their driving skills to be safer drivers.
- Gain a certificate which is a valid workplace qualification – the course contributes towards a number of NZQA Unit Standards (in particular 3465)
- Learn new skills to make you a safer driver and reduce the likelihood of a crash
- Reduce maintenance costs by implementing new driving behaviours
- Save money by saving fuel on every journey
- Manage and reduce your driving risks on the road
- Understand your own driving profile
- Search and scan
- Identify hazards and how to respond to them
- How to cope with road conditions and handling the vehicle