Ride Forever Scooter Survival
The Scooter Survival Course is a 4 hour training course created for scooter and low powered motorcycle (moped) riders to gain essential skills and boost confidence. The training is aimed at riders whose riding is primarily commuting in urban environments and traffic. New riders looking to build early skills and confidence will find this course extremely valuable.
This course is to ensure riders develop the skills to commute safely and gain more confidence when riding in urban environments.
* Ride Forever Courses are FREE to Tasman, Marlborough & Nelson City residents:
- Tasman, Marlborough & Nelson City residents register for your subsidy at www.ridetolive.co.nz
- Once your subsidy is confirmed, book your course here using the coupon code revelant to your district: "TDC" for Tasman District, or "MDC" for Marlborough District. Do NOT enter any numbers with your coupon code - just the letters - otherwise the coupon will not be applied.
- You'll need to forward your subsidy voucher number to us, and also take your voucher with you on the day of the course.
- If the above conditions are not met, you will have to pay the full course fee.
The Scooter Survival course takes four hours and covers the crucial skills you need to stay safe when riding. It is purpose-designed for scooter riders, concentrating on urban riding and commuting. The course includes such things as:
- Positioning to see and be seen
- Safe and effective braking
- Dealing with traffic
All this and more for just $20. You’ll be under the guidance of a professional instructor at all times, and emerge a more confident, competent and safer rider.